Labrador Retriever dogs are also among the lovely dogs that you can choose. Labs or Labrador dog is a kind of retriever-gun dog. It is one of the most famous dog breeds in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
Labrador dogs come in different types. You can choose from the following breeds:
- Yellow Labrador – This Labrador has a dense and short coat.
- Black Labrador – They are dogs that are very good in families with children.
- Chocolate Labrador – It has a broad with a pronounced stop on its head.
Most Labrador Retriever breeds are the taller, slightly less broad face and slightly longer nose.
They also have long legs, thin head, and thin frames. They look cute which will make every owner love them.
Temperament of Labrador Retriever Dogs
Labrador dogs’ personality is the outgoing, pleasant, kind and tractable attitude.
They have a strong sense of smell that enables them to trace the path of its origin.
Military forces, navies, and police forces use Labrador to detect terrorists, smugglers, thieves, and black marketers.
They are famous because of their soft mouthfeel being raised to retrieve game like waterfowl.
They are more likely to chew objects which are sometimes an uncontrolled behavior.
Labrador dogs are lovely dogs that can make you feel good and relax when you are playing with them.
They are sweet and lovable dogs that love to eat, play and exercise. They are very skillful and useful in different ways.
- Pomeranian Husky Mix – 12 Facts You Should Know About Pomsky
- Aussiedoodle – 12 Things You Need to Know About
How long do Labs live on average?
Labrador dogs can live for 12 to 13 years and three months. In this lifespan, they can suffer from different health problems.
With this, you must ensure to give them proper care and love for their healthy and happy lifestyle.
Proper grooming, healthy foods, and regular exercise are the best tips to prolong the lifespan of your Labrador dog.
Labrador dogs full grown
The Labrador dogs can fully grow the height of 22 1 /2 to 24 1 /2 inches. They can also weigh around 65 to 80 pounds.
The female Labrador can grow about 21 1/ 2 and 23 1 / 2 inches on height and 55 to 70 pounds in weight.
A Labrador breed can grow mature mentally when they are at least three years old.
They can also develop better senses which make them more ideal for training.
Do Labrador dogs shed?
Labrador dogs can shed their coat on a regular basis. Most of the Labradors shed throughout the year. Some breeds also shed at least twice yearly.
They have three weeks in the spring to shed their winter coat. It helps them to have the best preparation for the warm climate.
This dog breed has dense hair because they have a double coat. Labrador’s sleek out layer is waterproof.
With this, they can always withstand swimming and other water activities.
You can still enjoy a healthy lifestyle even though you have a non- hypoallergenic dog like Labrador.
Read about Bullmustiff Labrador Mix – Mastador
Is a Labrador dog a good family dog?
Labrador is a good family dog. You can make it as part of your family. However, you must also be responsible for making them more comfortable.
You must give them the best and healthy dog food that they need to stay energetic. You can also give them the best dog treats that they deserve.
Provide your Labrador dog with the best and safe toys to keep them happy and alert.
Labrador is a dog that doesn’t want to feel alone. So, you must feed them the love that they need.
Also, they must also have a Labrador bed to keep them comfortable while sleeping.
It is also necessary for you to take responsibility with your dog’s veterinarian bills.
With this, you can ensure that your dog will be healthy and free from various diseases.
If you want to spend a long time with your beloved Labrador, you must feed and support them with the best things.
Are Labrador Retriever dogs aggressive?
Labrador dog is among the least aggressive breeds of dog. They are friendly, kind and intelligent. So, you have nothing to fear in making them as your pets.
Are Labrador dogs Hypoallergenic?
Labrador dogs are not hypoallergenic. With this, you must be responsible for keeping their good grooming to avoid allergies and irritation.
It can help you and your Labrador to stay healthy. The shedding of your Labrador can also be affected by the climate.
Are Labrador dogs smart?
Labrador Retriever dogs are smart dog breeds. It can swim, run and fight.
They have a very high sense of smell that can help the police detect terrorists and other illegal activities.
The Labrador breed is among the most intelligent dogs. It can retrieve something in the water.
Even more important, they lack fear, so they are perfect for training. They are good at flyball, Frisbee, agility and other physical activities.
They are also helpful for detection, rescue as well as for therapy work.
Labradors are also great for tracking, hunting, carting, disabled assistance and more.
They can also tolerate cold water which makes it more robust and active dog breed.
Do Labrador dogs bark a lot?
Labrador dogs especially the puppies will bark. However, most Labrador barks for attention.
They can also bark if they feel bored, scared and lonely. Fortunately, Labrador dogs don’t bark a lot.
It would be best if you treated them well for their sociability, adjustability, and happiness. With this, you can also establish a good relationship with them.
Do labs have a lot of health problems?
Notable health problems among Labrador dogs include obesity and inherited disorders.
Labrador Retriever dogs love eating. If they continue eating without regular exercise, they can be obese.
Indolence can also contribute to obesity. Obesity is a severe problem that may happen to your beloved Labrador dog.
Some studies in the United States stated that about 25% of dogs are overweight.
With this, you must be responsible for maintaining the healthy weight of your dog.
Healthy Labrador Retriever can perform swimming wind sprints around 2 hours.
The Labrador is among the top breeds that are prone to obesity.
Some Labradors can suffer from inherited disorders like the following:
- Knee problems. Your Labrador can also experience luxating patella which is characterized by dislocation of knee and goes back into place.
- Eye conditions. There is also a possibility that Labradors can have cataracts, progressive retinal atrophy, retinal dysplasia, and corneal dystrophy. With this, you must take your dog to a veterinary ophthalmologist to check their eye health.
- Hip and elbow dysplasia. Labradors especially the large ones are more prone to this inherited disorder. If you want to prevent this health problem, you must prefer hip scores before the breeding. Joint supplements are also recommended for this problem.
- Hereditary myopathy. This health problem can rarely happen to Labrador dogs. It is a condition wherein your dog can have type II muscle fiber deficiency. Some of its symptoms are bunny hopping or short, stilted gait and ventroflexion of the neck with a kyphotic posture.
- Autoimmune disease. Labradors can also suffer from deafness and autoimmune diseases on their congenitally or late life.
- Exercise-induced collapse. Labradors can experience from exercise-induced collapse. It is a condition that can cause collapse, hyperthermia, weakness, and disorientation after a short period of exercise.
- Obesity. Labrador dogs are highly prone to obesity and commonly attributed to a gene mutation.
How much does a Labrador dog cost?
If you are going to buy a Labrador, you can get it around $ 800 to $1200 from a reliable breeder.
However, some breeders may also offer the breed in higher prices depending on the size of the dog.
The price range mentioned earlier is based on breeding with quality standards and ethical practices.
Now that you have known the vital information about Labrador dogs, you can pick the one that suits your standards.
Labrador is among the friendliest dogs that you can avail in the market.
They also have excellent skills that you can use with a purpose.
Labs can even help security personnel to trace bombs and other suspicious things.
They can help to save the lives of the people and help security personnel.
It is a fact that dogs are the best friend of some people today. They provide happiness and entertainment for their owners.
Well, if you want to have a healthier and happier life, it is a good idea to choose the Labrador dogs.
If you feel down and tired, you can make Labrador dogs as your perfect partner to relieve your stress.
Their presence can help you to feel pleasant and relaxed. You may not be aware of it, but they can provide you with great therapy.
If you are sad, you can play to your beloved Labrador dog.
They have the power to change your negative mood into a positive one.
Dogs can be your best friend if you have no one is on your side. Labrador dogs can make you feel comfortable.
- All You Need To Know About Chiweenie
- English Cream Golden Retriever Dog Breed Facts
- Maltese Shih Tzu – Surprising Things About Malshi
- Top 10 Benefits of Having a Pit Bull