27 Toxic and Dangerous Foods For Dogs – Poisonous Foods

There are so many food items, chemicals and pharmaceuticals which can be poisonous to dogs and puppies as household items and this can be caused to death of them.

toxic-food-for-dogs

Let’s see one by one and you can get a knowledge about what we want to give puppies and what we keep away of them.

Do you interested in Homemade Dog Foods? Our Latest Article 20 Healthy Homemade Dog food Recipes

Click Here to Know The Essential Nutrition Your Dog Needs

Lets find out about Poisonous Foods for Dogs

  • Coffee
    Caffeine is also consisting in coffee as ingredient. This toxic can be dangerous to puppy and shorter their life span.
  • Chocolate
    Chocolate can be highly poisonous to dogs and puppies which is directly involve to short their life time. While making chocolate they are added caffeine and theobromine. This can caused toxicosis and dogs eventually go to death. Darker chocolate is more toxic than milk or white chocolate.
  • Onion & Garlic
    You have to be very careful not to adding onion powder as a food ingredient of dog. That may kill the canine blood cells and causing Heinz Body Anemia. Garlic is less poisonous than onion. So we can add small quantity of garlic for their diet. But if we add much that can be caused harmful issue for the health of puppies and dogs.
  • Some Fruits
    Grapes and Avocados can be poisonous to them. As the effect of grapes it can be caused acute renal failures in kidney. Avocado fruit is not much harmful but its big center seed can be poisonous.

Read Our Article Summer Fruits For Your Dog’s Diet

  • Raw Meat
    We have to keep touched to not to chase raw meats away which can be found by dogs. If your dog may feed raw meat it can be harmful for a long time. Because inside their tummy it can be bacterial poisoning such as salmonella.
  • Alcohol
    Alcohol may harmful as equal as human. That can be affected to the liver and kidney and also cardiac arrest.

toxic foods for dogs

  • Pharmaceuticals
    Pharmaceuticals can be divided in to human pharmaceuticals and veterinary pharmaceutical. We used medicines when our puppy or dog may become unwell. At that time it is really necessary to meet with veterinarian to diagnose the correct disease.

Related Articles –

We should have to avoid giving them human oral drugs. That can be really dangerous to their health because these human drugs can involve with oxygen flow and also can harm to the liver. Veterinary pharmaceuticals are always necessary.

But over dosage of drugs can cause dangerous situation. Doctors’ recommended drugs may only for specific or diseased dog. This dosage cannot be similar to other puppy or dog. So we have to be careful about that case also, because over dosage drugs can bring them to death immediately.

  • Cleaning products and Detergents
    We have to be careful to keep cleaning products such as bleach, vim which may used to clean bathrooms, tiles, and windows away from the dogs. This can be really poisonous to their body. Detergents also affect the dogs severely and cause ulcerous and fatal consequences.
  • Some heavy metals
    Such as lead and zinc and fertilizers can be poisonous to your dog. That may cause dangerous diseases inside their body.
  • Plastic Items
    Some plastic items such as toys and the small parts can cause to death of your dog. Batteries and some electronic items in toys cause mouth, throat, and ulcer and stomach damages by harmful acids.
  • Acetaminophen
    Acetaminophen is found in Tylenol and other medications. This can be caused liver damage in dogs. Toxicity can go moderate to severe.
  • Batteries
    Batteries can be harmful for dogs. This may lead to ulcer in mouth, esophagus and stomach.
    Dog poisons
  • Ethylene glycol
    This is found in motor oils, antifreeze and windshield de-icing agents. Due to its sweet smell dogs are attracted. One tablespoon of Ethylene glycol is enough to cause kidney failure in dogs. This can cause death.
  • Insecticides
    If you not use insecticides according to the label instruction flea and tick products can cause problems.
  • Jimson weed
    Jimson weeds cause respiratory failure, restlessness, drunken walking in dogs. Toxicity of this poison is moderate.
  • Kerosene
    This may cause drunken walking, breathing difficulties and drooling in dogs. The problem can be more serious if Kerosene contains antifreeze.
  • Lilies
    Lilies in valley cause heart beat problems and leading to death.
  • Mothballs
    Moth balls can be toxic to dogs if it is contained with naphthalene. This cause vomiting, diarrhea, increased drinking and urination.
  • Nonprescription medications
    This can be caused severe ulcers and anemia. And also caused liver and kidney failure in dogs.
  • Rodenticides
    They are including rat and mouse poisons. These contain several different toxins that are harmful for dogs.
  • Sago palms
    They are toxic plants for dogs. Ingestion cause vomiting, diarrhea and liver failure.
  • Queensland nuts
    They are caused lethargy, vomiting and walking difficulties in dogs.
  • Unbaked bread dough
    This can be expanded in the stomach. Emergency surgery is required if the stomach twists, coz it can be cut off the blood supply.

dog poisons

  • Veterinary prescriptions
    Ingestion of large quantities can be caused stomach ulcers, kidney and liver failures.
  • Windshield wiper fluid
    Methanol and Ethylene glycol can be contained in Windshield wiper fluid. Methanol ingestion can cause drunken walking and low blood sugar dogs.
  • Xylitol
    These are found in toothpaste, chewing gum and breathe paste as a sugar free sweetener. This can cause low blood sugar and liver failure in dogs.
  • Yard products
    Slug bait and snail, fertilizers and herbicides are included as Yard products. These are harmful for dogs.

Related Articles –

dangerous-food-for-dogs-poster
dangerous-food-for-dogs-poster

1 thought on “27 Toxic and Dangerous Foods For Dogs – Poisonous Foods”

  1. I had a miniature collie when I was growing up and my dad gave him a egg with coffee every day and he lived for over 14 years. He only died because he got hit by a car, business he was going deaf and blind.

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Puppies Club We would like to show you notifications for the latest news and updates.
Dismiss
Allow Notifications